Great Opportunity for Startups to Grow Internationally
CEED October 17, 2018
More than 17 Startup ideas were received from PAN India and thus were put forward at the pre-finals of the Bootcamp for Ingenuity 2018, which was held on 16th October 2018 at Panjab University. The Ingenuity is an International business competition which was a combined effort of the inventive nations – United Kingdom, India & China and was held at Nottingham University Ningbo in China. Out of 259 proposals presented at the 1st Ingenuity International Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition, 10 will move to the finals, to be held in Dec 2018 at the University of Nottingham together.
Dr. M.M Gupta founding member of CRIKC (Chandigarh Region Innovation and knowledge cluster) opened the event with his welcome speech where he encouraged the startups emphasizing upon the role of Indian entrepreneurial mentors lobby to attain their goals.
The startups who came up with their innovative ideas were from Pune, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Himachal, Amritsar, Rajpura, Banur and Pinjore area. These were allotted around 5 minutes each to pitch their ideas followed by Question and Answer round.
The jury comprised of:
- Dr Deepti Gupta, the Dean of International students Punjab University
- Dr. Archana Mantri, the Pro-Vice Chancellor of Chitkara University, Rajpura
- Mr. Sumeer Walia Director, CEED
- Dr. Meenu Gupta from the English Department, Panjab University
A brief about the Startups who put forward their Ideas at the Punjab University English Auditorium on 16th October 2018:
- Anukai – They encourage the use of artificial intelligence to manage the city traffic
- Docs In Blocks – They keep your personal documents secure through blockchain in collaboration with Telangana University
- Xovian – They provide low-cost sustainable solutions in satellite fabrication
- Sickle Innovations – They build innovative mechanism solutions to develop conventional farming practices saving time.
- Sea Cup – They aim to make transportation simple and are looking forward to launching an e-bike
- AgVisi Solution- They empower and uplift the farmers and the agri-businesses.
- Cialfor BlockChain Solution – It helps you store hospitals and patients medical record ensuring the data security.
- Moksh – They help farmers dispose of crop waste by converting into dry powder as activated charcoal saving their cost and time
- BBOOrja – They employ a clean technology that uses agri waste to prevent sable burning with smokeless “chulla”.
- Aiotize – They provide IOT based solution that is working on face recognition system for increased security.
- Paperless Erasable E-braille Slate – They aim to build a braille slate to trim down the paper usage and shape a great education substitute for the blinds.
We hope these startups display their capability and sense of entrepreneurship and rise higher.